We designed our learning sessions to target specific learning challenges and develop individualized strategies so that all clients feel a sense of personal success. Our team members work with each client to improve core mental abilities, boost cognitive skills, and help address specific problems they face while giving them new tools to better tackle learning. Each session targets a client's individual needs and can include specific interventions for individuals with dyslexia, language processing disorder, autism, executive functioning disorder, and other learning disabilities.
Learning sessions can be in-person or virtual using Skype or Zoom.
The first step is a cognitive testing. This test will give you the knowledge to make the best decisions for you or your child. Using the Woodcock-Johnson IV, our testing procedure identifies an individual's learning profile to help them achieve their highest potential. The knowledge and understanding of how a client learns can help:
- Assess their areas of strength so that they may be challenged.
- Determine how their brain is thinking and processing information.
- Measure the level of cognitive growth from in-person instruction.
- Identify areas of weakness to determine how to best support the client.
- Explore options for boosting cognitive efficiency and flexibility.
- Ensure you or your child has all the tools and foundations to be a happy, capable, confident individual.
How does the program work?
Once our team has administered the WJ-IV Test and identified the root issue behind any learning gaps, we have the knowledge to help you or your child develop or rebuild a solid foundation. Unlike general tutoring or learning programs, our cognitive and educational therapy sessions are prescriptive and designed to meet the needs of each individual learner.
Our program reaches children who may be experiencing difficulties in the following areas:
- Reading fluency and comprehension, spelling and language arts
- Early math development and math skill building
- Handwriting and printing
- Foundational learning skills such as executive functioning, memory and processing speed
Benefits of After School Skill Building Program:
- Increased confidence
- Better grades
- Decreased amount of time spent of homework
- Improved test scores
- Increased organizational skills
- More "a-ha!" moments
We take the fear out of facing learning challenges so that every child can be a happy, capable, confident, life-long learner.